Changing the Game with Enterprise Performance Management (EPM)
In this presentation, Matt Morrell (VP of FP&A) and Cory Luther (Finance Systems Manager) of Advanced Disposal Services (ADS) (now part of Waste Management) walk us through their journey in implementing a robust EPM platform using IBM Planning Analytics. ADS created an effective internal partnership between business, finance and operations to implement a fully integrated EPM platform. The system provides deep insight into drivers of business performance as well as daily view of key operating metrics to line managers across the firm. This helps direct management attention and key resources to areas of biggest need before issues arise. The same metrics are used to forecast financial outcomes in an agile and flexible manner. The system proved very effective in helping ADS adjust to changing market conditions daily during the early days of the global COVID-19 pandemic and provide up-to-date financial guidance to the street.
Key discussion topics include the following:
- Value of Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) systems
- ADS Journey to Building a Robust EPM Platform
- Standardized P&L Reporting Across the Organization
- Distributed Driver Based Planning and Forecasting
- Capital Planning Automation
- Integration of Operations and Finance, Engaging Business Managers
- Daily Insight into Key Operational Metrics and KPIs
- Differentiators of IBM Planning Analytics as an EPM platform
- Key Success Factors in Building Effective EPM Systems
You can view a recording of this session by using the form above on the right.